The Command and Conquer Renegade-X team, Totem Arts, has released yet another action-packed beta (dubbed “Beta 4″). The latest installment of Renegade-X includes quite a few major features including 3 new maps, an auto-patcher, and their own RXD-Kit (RXDK). Some other changes include:
- Ingame Jukebox (!!!)
- Smoke Grenades
- Vehicle drops
- Building destruction changes: tier one infantry remain accessible after Hand/Bar destruction, Refinery and Powerplant destruction less severe
- Optimization for better performance and crash fixes
- Vehicle kill messages (seeing what destroyed your vehicle)
- Timed C4 countdown (audio and visual indicators)
- EMP grenade changes
- Pawn and vehicle movement adjustments
- New vehicle locking system
- Idle-player kicking system (with warnings)
- Improved spotting system and radio visuals
- New Havoc/Sakura specific explosive arrangements
- New C&C-mode themed loading screen
- Oodles of fixes, balance changes, and more!
Not impressed? Have a brand new trailer released by Totem Arts:
Renegade X is set in the near future, in a world dominated by a contagious yet valuable resource called Tiberium. The Global Defense Initiative (GDI) is an international security force set to combat global terrorism. Conceived as a united peacekeeping military force, GDI depends on the technological sophistication of its weaponry, and the superior training and loyalties of its officers. GDI looks to halt the spread of Tiberium, which is gradually destroying the Earth and killing off millions of people. At the same time, the Brotherhood of Nod, led by the charismatic leader known only as Kane, grew to prominence. Working largely in third world countries, wherever there was discontent and unrest, there was Kane. With the promise of a New World Order and bankrolled by the illicit Tiberium research and trade that Kane made famous, Nod began to gain power. A few scattered, disaffected units grew into an army with powerful atomic weaponry, ruthless tactics, and a Tiberian fortune. The Brotherhood aims to push humanity into the next stage of evolution via Tiberium mutation.
Excited? We are too! We have partnered with the Multiplayer Forum community to provide a game server for Renegade-X.
Download is provided by us, CnCFPS.com: Link