SCUD Storm version 1.2 is finally here! After a lot of work, changes, new stuff being modelled and a new gametype going in we are finally able to release this to the public!
Release Patch 1.2
1.2 is at last here with us and with a load of stuff new, changed and balanced. Here is the change log so you can all see what’s new!
- added MiniMap of C&C_Confrontation
- fixed that you could enter your PT from both Base Zones
- modified “Attack Icon” displayed in Aircrafts for better visibility of your current Bulletcount
- added Reload & Heal Zones to Airfields so Aircrafts can Reload there and get healed. Healing is 10% per 3 seconds while Reloading is 1 Ammo per 3 seconds.
- due to the new Heal & Reload Zones the Bug where Aircrafts reload after Exit and Re-Enter them is now fixed.
- due to the shaders fix in 1.1 the wireframe technique for Building Dummies is no longer possible. Building Dummy Materials are now setup as Screens so they become a Ghost-like look.
- Added 5 Oil Derricks to C&C_Confrontation.
- Re-Enabled CTO(Capture The Oil)-Mode known from the old Version
- fixed that PT-access didn’t work after Character change
- fixed that you lost your Flag on any Weapon changes (promotion, Strategy change …)
- added the new Raptor Model with a simple basic Texture made by LR01 for the USA None General
- added Deploy/Undeploy Icons for the Outpost and switched from Q-Key to Upgrade_1 Key to link it to the Icon
- fixed the Promotion Progress Bar that indicates how far the next Promotion is away.
- added PowerBar to the HUD (on the left to the Radar and only visible for the TeamCommander) which indicates the available Power. This changes color to yellow as soon as the half capacity of 1 PowerPlant is left, changes to red as soon as available Power goes lower than 30% of 1 PowerPlant.
- added Team Credits to the HUD (underneath the Team Upgrade Bar and only visible for the TeamCommander)
- added queued Team Info Messages
- added HUD adjustment to make the HUD fit any Screen Resolution
- fixed HUD Team switch to show the correct HUD for each Team (i.e. after Team change the HUD didn’t change so you could have had the USA HUD as China)
- added Map ‘C&C_Dust_Devil’ made by TeamWolf + MiniMap
- increased DrawDistance from 300->800
- enabled TechTree for Team Upgrades. Team Upgrades are now only buyable when their Building exists(i.e. Barracks is needed for Capture Buildings Upgrade)
- fixed the “invisible Body”-Bug of the Chinese Tank Hunter
SCUD Storm FDS
We’ve also put together an FDS for those of you wishing to host a SCUD server! All you need to do is run the install and then you’re good to go.
Capture the Oil
Something many of you will remember about the old SCUD Storm are the Tech Oil Derricks that were around the maps and you could capture them to boost your team’s econermy. We’ve now brought this back but as a cool new gametype!
Basicly capturing Oil Derricks is always possible as soon as the ‘Capture Buildings’-Upgrade was bought by the TeamCommander. After an Oil Derrick is captured by a Team it produces 200$ each 60 seconds for each Team Player and for Team Credits (used for Upgrades and Buildings…). Only the standard Infantry holds a Flag and is able to capture Buildings (Ranger for USA and Red Guard for China) the only exception is Black Lotus for China. Right now she also gets a Flag with the ‘Capture Buildings’-Upgrade. The CTO-Mode can be activated by the Host at ‘Victory Conditions’-Screen which means that a Team that holds all Oil Derricks wins the Game. The Capture Flag is now assigned to ‘Upgrade_4 Key’ and is only available when the upgrade was bought (of course) and the Player is NOT inside a Vehicle. After a Flag was used it has to reload 45 seconds which counts down on the Upgrade_4 Icon.
The whole Bar represents the produced Power. After the first Power Plant was built the Power Bar is full because the whole produced power is also available. The Bar itself represents available Power i.e. you got 3 Power Plants and your Power Bar is 60% it means that you got 2 Power Plants producing Power that is not in use by any Building. As soon as you Power Level goes lower than 50% of 1 Power Plant the Bar changes its color to yellow. As soon as you Power Level goes lower than 30% of 1 Power Plant the Bar changes its color to red.
We are looking for modellers, texture artists and infantry modellers. So if you are interested then please post here on our forums stating why you’d like to join the team, some recent work to show off and contact details.